Submitted by: Dominique Quirion, Montreal
“An excellent recipe so that vegetarian guests can enjoy a meatless but delicious version of this Christmas Eve classic.”
- 1 homemade or store bought pastry shell
- 1 lb(s) white mushrooms
- 1 19-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 leek (white part only), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine
- 2 tbsp(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp(s) ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor, finely chop the mushrooms. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the chickpeas in the food processor. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the onions, leek and garlic in the oil.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine, mustard and spices.
- Simmer until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the chickpeas and mix well. Adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- With the rack in the bottom position, preheat the oven to 350°F. Transfer the filling into the pastry shell. Bake for about 55 minutes.
Prep Time55 min
Cook Time1 hour, 20 min