Submitted by: Christophe Sanders, RES PUBLICA
“This is simple comfort food. The Swedes traditionally make it in the summer, but I find it works just as well in the winter. Serve for lunch or dinner with potatoes, a green salad and a glass of white wine.”
- 4 Salmon fillets, about 4 to 5 oz. each, ideally the same thickness
- 1 cup(s) Sour cream
- 2 tbsp(s) Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) Finely chopped fresh dill
- 50 g Smelt roe caviar
- 1/2 tsp(s) Salt
- 1/2 tsp(s) Pepper
- 1 Lemon, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the fillets in a non-stick baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the fillets in the oven.
- Bake until desired degree of doneness, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness of fillets.
- While the fish is baking, prepare the sauce: combine the sour cream, dill and caviar in a bowl.
To serve, top the fillets with a generous spoonful of sauce. Garnish with a sprig of dill and a lemon quarter.
Serve with potatoes (topped with more sauce, of course!) and a green salad or vegetables.
Bon appétit! / Smaklig måltid!
My Swedish in-laws!