Submitted by: Sean Payne, Saint John (NB)
“Guacamole is delicious! It's not particularly Christmas-y for many, but I feel it's the perfect treat to enjoy with friends and family beside the tree. Its beautiful green hue goes nicely with traditional holiday decor, and it pairs with turkey just as well as it does red corn chips. ”
- 7 Avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 Bunch of fresh cilantro, washed, dried, and chopped
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 Medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 2 Whole green onions, chopped
- 2 Cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 4 The juice of four limes
- 2 tsp(s) Cumin
- 2 tsp(s) Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp(s) Salt
Combine all prepared ingredients in a large bowl and incorporate with a potato masher until consistency is smooth.
This is my personal recipe, perfected over years of trial and error.