Submitted by: Anik Le Marquand, Montreal
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) of brown sugar
- 1/4 of a shallot
- 4 tbsp(s) of maple syrup
- 1/4 lb(s) of cubed salmon, skin removed
- 10 blueberries and strawberries, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp(s) of sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp(s) of chili peppers
- Juice and zest of half a lime
- 2 pinches of salt
• In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and mix well.
• Place the salmon in a dish and cover with the marinade so that all the cubes are covered. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
• Drain the salmon cubes and place them in another bowl. Add the fruit, sesame seeds, chili peppers, lime juice and zest, and combine. Add the salt and arrange the mixture in serving glasses.
• Place the glasses in the freezer for 20 minutes before serving to keep the preparation cool.