Submitted by: Vincent Massé, Montreal
“Ever since I was a kid, my family has been making these cookies every Christmas and each of my aunts has her own version. ”
- 2 to 3 cup(s) Flour as needed (the dough should not be sticky)
- 1 cup(s) Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp(s) Baking soda
- 1 tsp(s) Vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp(s) Maple syrup
- 1 cup(s) Shortening (hey, it’s Christmas!)
- Combine all of the ingredients with up to 2 c. flour.
- Continue to stir in the remaining flour by hand.
- Roll out into a thin layer.
- Cut into shapes (use Christmas cookie cutters if possible), creating matching pairs.
- Bake at 325°F.
- Make “sandwiches” with two matching shapes, using fruit jelly or jam as a filling.
Cook Time30 min
De ma grand-mère qui ne s'appelle pas Donalda...