Submitted by: Miriam Bard-Dumont, Quebec City
“This started out as a banana bread recipe. It’s great for breakfast!”
- 1/2 cup(s) Softened butter
- 1 cup(s) Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs (or replace with a little vegetable oil and vinegar if allergic to eggs)
- 2 Medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup(s) White flour
- 1 cup(s) Whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp(s) Baking powder
- 1 tsp(s) Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp(s) Salt
- 1/2 cup(s) Milk (add gradually to ensure batter is not too liquid)
- Generous handful Dark chocolate chips
- 1 ounce(s) Good cheer
Steam the zucchini for about 10 minutes until soft. Purée in a blender and set aside to cool. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a bowl, using a beater, cream the butter and the sugar. Stir in the eggs (or oil and vinegar). Add the puréed zucchini.
In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add to the zucchini mixture, alternating with the milk.
Add the chocolate chips. Do not overmix, especially if the zucchini purée is still warm.
Pour into a greased 9-inch round cake pan or equivalent.
Prep Time30 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
C'est la recette de pain aux bananes d'une ancienne collègue de Radio-Canada que j'ai transformée en recette de gâteau aux zucchini!