Submitted by: Patrick Breton, Calgary
- 1-1/3 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp(s) vanilla extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup(s) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp(s) butter, melted
- 1/2 tbsp(s) almond extract or 1 tsp almond liqueur
Preheat the oven at 325 °F. Mix all of the ingredients for the crust and put this mixture in mini-muffin pans (1 tbs per pie).
Mix the ingredients for the filling and fill each pie to 3/4 (so not totally full). Bake for about 22 minutes or until they are ready. Wait 10 minutes to turn out. Cool completely before putting away.
Makes two dozen.
Cook Time22 minutes